Tuesday, August 3, 2010

All bad art is the result of good intentions.

Honestly, I feel a little uncomfortable posting stuff that I have drawn or painted, mainly because I feel like I am not very good at it. Lately however, I've really started working on a lot of different projects, and I really want to share some of the results. So, I am going to go out of my comfort zone and post a few of my most recent pieces, even if they suck. Most of these are going to be a decoration in my dorm room (this year)/apartment (next year), and one of them is going to my lovely friend Christina's apartment. (By the way, sorry I forgot to give it to you earlier Christina.) :) Hopefully throughout the year I'll continue to post new projects and what not. It really just depends on how much this semester kills me. :P Oh! And I got new watercolors! Now I just need watercolor paper...I'm on a college kid budget here.




I'm pretty much in love with Paris, and what better way to show it then by drawing the Eiffel Tower :) By the way, for those of you who don't speak French (including me), it says, "I have two loves, my country and Paris."



This one makes me a little nervous because I'm not sure how I feel about the background stuff, but I'm in love with the dress. Lace is my favorite. Up close shots of this one are coming right up!





















Here is one of my up close shots, as promised. I'm just going to say, not that I'm bitter, but this took me a realllllllyyyyyyy long time. Just saying. :)

















Yay for one more detail shot! I'll be honest, I really wish I actually owned this dress for real. But it would probably cost an arm or leg if it was because of all the detail.











Who's been watching a little too much Say Yes To The Dress? This girl. And pearls rock. They just do.


















Stilettos. Enough said.
















The top board is Christina's :) On the back it has Psalm 11:45 as well.
The bottom one is going in my room and on the back of it is a baylor decoration. Sic' em bears.


Jill Marie.




oh SNAP. update.

I decided to play around with those good ole' watercolors, but unfortnately I don't actually have watercolor paper (it's in the works..ahem..paycheck Baylor...), which is why it kind of curls up. However, do not FEAR! because I don't really care since I'm just messing around.





Anyway, I thought I would play with a warmer color palette since I almost always ignore these colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment