Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Salad!

This is one of my favorite salads, mainly because you get to make the dressing that goes with it! It's really tasty and very healthy. An added bonus is that it's also fast and easy :)


This is a Strawberry and Chicken Salad :) I originally found this in Good Housekeeping.

You need:

1 lb. of strawberries - sliced
3 Tbsp. of fresh lime juice 
2 tsp of honey (I added 2 tbsp. because I love honey :)
1 tsp of olive oil (I also added a little extra)
Salt and pepper
1 container of baby spinach
10 oz. of chicken breast from rotisserie chicken - shredded
and 3/4 cup walnuts (I found mine in the baking aisle)


1. In a blender, puree 3/4 cup strawberries with the lime juice, honey, oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside in serving bowl.
2. To bowl with dressing, add spinach, chicken, and remaining strawberries; toss to coat. I generally just pour the dressing on top to make it easier. Then sprinkle the salad with walnuts.

Enjoy :)


Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment